Monday, June 27, 2011

Welcome!

After months of promising myself that I'm going to make an author blog "one of these days," I decided to give myself a kick and go for it. And here I am!

So, introduction time! My name is Becky. I'm a native New Englander, but at this point I've lived up and down the East Coast. Though I'm an administrative assistant by day, by night I defend the streets of Gotham as the caped crusader, Batman. And when there are no innocents to defend, I generally like to write.

I am also a huge nerd. But you probably guessed that already.

I write YA, and my poisons of choice are fantasy, mystery, and horror. The project I am currently querying incorporates all three. But I'm open to try any genre, as long as I can make it creepy! My taste in reading generally falls along those lines as well. If you can give me a chill, I'm yours.

Where non-writing matters are concerned, there are three topics that can get me going for hours: food, fashion, and animated movies. I lived in Tokyo for half a year, and I am proficient in Japanese. Also, my brain is basically IMDB, but I will try to keep the movie references to a minimum. (I can't really promise how successful I'll be.)

So what will I use this blog for? Hopefully a little of everything! Babbling about the writing process, book recommendations, things I've learned from the query process so far, and maybe some random posts about Pixar or the Dread Pirate Roberts - who knows? But I can promise you that this is a drama-free zone. There's enough stress in the writing world without me adding to it.

And there you have it! Now, I'm off to think of a topic for my first real post. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Stumbled over here as a lurker from Absolute Write, used to seeing your name in the forums I browse but finally clicked the "I'm Blogging!" link.

    Sounds like you write a great mix of genres. Best of luck with the querying and the getting published thing!

    (And oh, oh, Japan, how I miss Japan!)

    Anyway, hello :D

    /random

    ReplyDelete